- What is an Engagement Lehenga Choli?
- Quick Tips for Engagement Look in Lehenga
- The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Look
- The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Blouse
- The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Embroidery
- The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Color
- The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Jewelry
- The Perfect Hair & Make-up for Your Engagement Lehenga
- Bonus: Hire A Photographer/Videographer
- Bonus: Have Beautiful Flowers That Match Your Engagement Lehenga
So, you're getting married to the love of your life and need to put together a hot engagement look in a lehenga!
When it comes to Indian weddings and engagements, there are a lot of moving parts, and you probably have a million thoughts racing through your head right now. For example, what are the best sites to buy lehenga online or how to choose the perfect engagement lehenga?
You don't want to overlook any details when it comes to your engagement.
That is why we put together this engagement lehenga guide for you. We also included various tips and tricks for online lehenga shopping.
What is an Engagement Lehenga Choli?
A Lehenga Choli is a formal Indian dress that women wear for special occasions such as weddings, engagements, and parties. If you are unfamiliar with Indian clothing, a lehenga is the Indian equivalent of a western gown. Silk, Georgette, Satin, Chiffon, and Crepe are the most common fabrics used to make them.
Since the early Mughal era, which began in 1526, the Lehenga Choli has been a part of Indian ethnic wear. It has since adapted beautifully to Indian fashion.
Lehengas are a type of clothing that has become deeply ingrained in Indian culture. In fact, most Indian brides today prefer to wear a wedding lehenga on their wedding day.
The lehenga has also proven to be popular in Indian Bollywood culture, and it is frequently seen on Indian actresses.
It's also worth noting that Lehengas are frequently confused with Sarees and Lehenga Sarees, both of which are completely different types of Indian dresses.
A lehenga is a three-piece Indian dress consisting of a blouse, skirt, and dupatta (scarf).
A saree is a traditional Indian dress consisting of a blouse and a long piece of cloth wrapped around a woman's waist and then over her shoulder. Although Wedding Sarees are available for purchase online, they are rarely worn by Indian women.
A Lehenga Saree is an Indian dress that includes a blouse, skirt, and an attached dupatta. Although this look combines the styles of the Saree and the Lehenga, it is an entirely separate and distinct look. Lehenga Sarees are typically worn by Indian women to parties and events. A Lehenga Saree is not traditionally worn by an Indian bride at an Indian wedding.
You might also hear someone confuse a lehenga and a salwar suit. Salwar suits, also known as salwar kameez, are three-piece Indian women's outfits. This outfit consists of a long shirt that usually reaches around the knee, baggy pants, and a dupatta (scarf).
If you have Indian family or friends and are planning to attend an Indian wedding or party, a lehenga is a must-have item in your wardrobe. Because there are so many small, easily overlooked details, reading a guide like this before going engagement or bridal lehenga shopping is essential.
Quick Tips for Engagement Look in Lehenga
Tip #1: Before buying an engagement or wedding lehenga, always consult a list of trusted retailers.
- There are many reputable bridal wear and Indian fashion websites that offer high-quality lehengas. There are also many couture Indian lehenga boutiques that sell stunning and one-of-a-kind pieces. Click here to see a list of the top ten best sites for online lehenga shopping.
- Buying from a reputable retailer can save you from purchasing a mediocre product at an exorbitant price online. A lot of small retailers will post pictures of an expensive wedding lehenga online and then send you a cheap knockoff. To save money, the product is sometimes not even stitched.
Tip #2: Make sure you order your dream engagement lehenga 6 to 8 weeks in advance.
- Whether you buy online or in-store, Indian fashion manufacturers need at least 6 to 8 weeks to create your stunning lehenga.
- As a result, you should order your engagement lehenga at least 6 to 8 weeks ahead of time.
- Please keep in mind that any customizations you request will require additional time. It is also a good idea to allow for any alterations that may be required to perfect your lehenga fitting.
- You will save a lot of heartache, time, and money if you order your engagement lehenga ahead of time.
Tip #3: When shopping for lehengas online, you can choose between made to measure and readymade lehengas.
- There are numerous online retailers that provide these options. One of them is Los Mahal!
- A Custom Made Wedding Lehenga is one that has been designed or customized to your specifications. Embroidery, fabric, colour, and cut are some of the customizable options.
- A Made to Measure Lehenga is one that has been cut and sewn to your precise measurements. To order, simply select your favorite design, pay, and then send in your body measurements for the lehenga.
- Custom Made or Made to Measure Lehengas should arrive in 6 to 8 weeks after you place your order.
- A readymade lehenga is typically available in standard sizes and can be ready to ship in a day or two. This is useful if you are in a hurry and need your engagement lehenga right away.
The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Look
The lehenga is a popular Indian clothing style worn by brides and Indian women. The perfect engagement lehenga must have 3 things: A Stylish Blouse, Beautiful Embroidery, and a Dazzling Color.
The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Blouse
- The Engagement Lehenga Blouse is the focal point of your outfit, so it must be stunning. It should only appear slightly less formal than a bridal lehenga blouse.
- A beautiful engagement lehenga blouse is high-cut and contemporary in style. Blouse designs, cuts, and colors change every year, so do a Google search before shopping to stay up to date.
- You can also choose a simple and classic engagement lehenga blouse cut.
- Crop top lehenga blouses can also be a very fashionable choice for some brides.
The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Embroidery
- Indian fashion and clothing are renowned for their exquisite embroidery. A bridal lehenga should be heavily embroidered with crystal stonework, sequins, or other types of embroidery. This will help ensure that all of the guests understand that you are the one getting engaged!
- Your lehenga's crystal stonework should be of high quality and not made of plastic stones. This will ensure that your engagement lehenga shimmers when you walk or dance at your event.
- There are numerous types of embroidered lehengas, but an engagement lehenga has some special embroidery requirements.
- The embroidery should complement the colour and style of your lehenga.
- Beautiful borders on your engagement lehenga will help complete your engagement look.
The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Color
- Engagement lehengas come in a variety of colors. Here are some colour combinations for your engagement lehenga: Pink, blue, silver, jade green, gold, and red.
- You can also use various shades and variations of these colors.
- Colors for engagement lehengas are constantly changing. However, a quick Google search can tell you which colors of lehengas are popular this season.
The Perfect Engagement Lehenga Jewelry
When wearing an engagement lehenga, jewellery is a must-have. With their engagement lehenga, most women will wear a necklace, earrings, and a tikka.
Lehengas were originally designed to be worn by royalty, and they have retained much of their royal heritage over the years. Because Indian royalty was always seen wearing jewellery, lehengas had to match.
What type of jewelry should you wear?
When it comes to pairing jewellery with your engagement lehenga, there are only a few simple rules to follow.
Rule 1: Your jewelry’s heaviness should match the heaviness of your engagement lehenga. As a result, if you're wearing a heavy lehenga, you should also wear heavy jewellery.
Rule 2: Your jewellery should be the same colour as your engagement lehenga. The majority of engagement lehengas will have silver or gold embroidery. If you wear a silver-embroidered engagement lehenga, you should also wear silver jewellery.
Rule 3: Wear a necklace, earrings, and a tikka to complete your engagement look in lehenga. When wearing an engagement lehenga, you must wear jewellery that is the same weight as the lehenga. Otherwise, your look is incomplete, and it appears that something is missing.
The Perfect Hair & Make-up for Your Engagement Lehenga
Makeup is an essential component of your bridal or engagement lehenga look. It is as important as any other aspect of your engagement look and serves as the glue that holds your entire ensemble together.
When you're spending thousands of dollars on the event, clothing, and jewellery, it's only natural to hire a professional hair and make-up artist.
Tip: Always book your make-up artist ahead of time because the best ones have extremely busy schedules. It is critical to plan a budget for your make-up artist.
A Google or Instagram search will usually yield the best local make-up artists. Many popular local make-up artists will post photos of their most recent clients for you to see. This can help you determine whether or not you like the make-up artist's work.
Bonus: Hire A Photographer/Videographer
Your engagement day will be a very special day that you will want to remember for the rest of your life. You spend a significant amount of time getting ready, applying make-up, and putting on jewellery. That is why you will be grateful that you hired a professional photographer or videographer.
Bonus: Have Beautiful Flowers That Match Your Engagement Lehenga
There is a plethora of reasons why flowers will complement your engagement look in lehenga.
First and foremost, flowers are visually appealing to your guests.
Second, having a bouquet of flowers that matches the colour of your engagement lehenga can make a huge difference in your engagement photos. This adds to the glitz and glam of your engagement photos. After all, everyone knows that engagements and flowers go together.
This guide will teach you everything you need to know about engagement lehenga shopping, whether it's for your wedding or another Indian event.
Shopping for lehengas online can be difficult without the proper knowledge. But, with the tips and tricks in this article, you'll be the undisputed Queen of lehenga shopping!